REAR PARKING SENSORS & CAMERA
How it works
- Sensors in the rear bumper scan to recognise certain objects.
- As soon as you put the car into reverse, the sensors start working, emitting an audible ‘beep’ if there’s an object within 1.8 metres behind you.
- The closer your vehicle gets to the object, the louder and faster the beeps become. A continuous beep means stop.
See what you can’t see
- The sensors help detect objects you may not be able to see because they are out of your vision, such as a low railing or bolster.
- If you have rear parking sensors only, a graphic display indicates where the object behind you is located.
- If your vehicle has a Rear View Camera, together with the sensors’ beep, it makes reversing easier so you know more about what’s going on behind you.