How it works
- The Hands-free Tailgate* works together with your Keyless Entry key fob.
- Sensors produce an electrical field that is broken when you wave your foot under the centre of the rear bumper.
- When you break the field, it triggers a search to find and verify your key fob.
- Once your key fob is verified an electronic impulse is sent to the tailgate latching system to open (or close, if it’s already open).
- If the tailgate detects something is in the way of its opening or closing arc it reverses the movement to avoid any damage.
- You can program your tailgate’s opening height to fit a low-ceiling garage, for example.
- The tailgate can also be opened either by pressing a button on the instrument panel or under the tailgate handle. You can also close the tailgate by pressing a button on the base of the open tailgate.